Manhattan t2 r 500gb 2

marky mark 2

Novice Member
Hi, hope someone can help, my father in law bought the above machine, and tried to set it up.. with no luck. He's not computer literate. The initial setup was not completed correctly, he has no signal from his arial which works on his freeview TV, the box seems to be connected to the TV but no signal. Is there any way to factory reset the box so I get the initial set up pages back, we don't have computer access as I'm down on holiday so we can't update or get to setting on a computer, he bought the t2 r about 9 months ago :) thanks in advance , Mark

mikej

If the aerial is known to be working but the PVR isn't receiving a signal, then the first thing to check is that everything has been connected correctly. The usual way is to connect the room's aerial outlet to the PVR's antenna input via coax and the PVR's coax output to the TV's coax aerial socket. You'll also need an HDMI connection between PVR and TV. Note that to watch TV while the PVR is off, you may need to turn off the PVR's power-saving / ECO options.

If everything is correctly connected, then you can try to tune again - start with the automatic tuning option and see how you get on. You'll be able to do this without a factory reset, but if you want to do one, then there should be an option to do this in the set-up menu.

There won't be a need to connect the PVR to a PC these days, but an ethernet connection to a router or wired access point will allow access to the internet-only Freeview channels and might also allow future firmware updates. [Edit - the manual says firmware updates need to be downloaded from their website and installed via USB]

Last edited:

marky mark 2

Novice Member
If everything is correctly connected, then you can try to tune again - start with the automatic tuning option and see how you get on. You'll be able to do this without a factory reset, but if you want to do one, then there should be an option to do this in the set-up menu.

There won't be a need to connect the PVR to a PC these days, but an ethernet connection to a router or wired access point will allow access to the internet-only Freeview channels and might also allow future firmware updates.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply :),

I'm sure its connected correctly and the TV recognises the box, I just have no access to the manhattan menu as straight after the manhatten symbol appears it disappeares and the no signal page appeares, pressing the menu on the remote has no effect, no buttons on the remote changes the no signal picture, no colour change on the box to suggest its receiving a signal.. I can't find a hint online or anywhere for a reset to start again :)

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Sounds like a remote control problem, potentially.

Check the remote batteries are good / inserted correctly.

Check the IR window of the -T2 is not obstructed.

Check for other devices emitting IR (stuck buttons, energy-efficient lamps etc.,.) and flooding the IR window. {Cover the -t2 with a blackout cloth and use the remote under it close to the IR receive window}.

Duff remote batteries from new have been reported before: Manhattan T2-R 500GB

marky mark 2

Novice Member
Sorted guys, what I did, tried the batteries, no difference , covered the receiver on the box with my hand and put the controller right on front of the box and started working like magic, not an overly bright room, a few dvd players in the vicinity but nothing switched on..ill take the win...happy father in law happy wifey 😘 an thats what matters :) cheers guys ..must say what a good bit of kit , I've been with Virgin n sky for a good few years think I'd be happy with one of these + Netflix maby save myself a few squid :)

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
So the remote is now working 100% reliably, having got the box to install properly?

-T2R is You View interface
-T3R is the latest Freeview Play interface and, may be worth considering

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom