Manhattan T2 PVR-what a fool I’ve been

steve stacey

Novice Member
Hi All

Bought the T2 a few months ago. (Mainly to watch HD freeview channels that weren’t available on the ancient tv I’ve been using)

Yesterday, decided to connect it to internet to see what that would add. Now found to my horror, T2 not certified for BBC/ITV player. I think I should be certified😡

What a fool I am..

mikej

Yes, the T2-R is just a basic Freeview HD PVR and the internet connectivity is just for those obscure, internet-only Freeview channels, unfortunately.

The T3-R is the model that offers Freeview Play / catch-up apps.

Xenomorph

Contact Manhattan and see what they can do to allow you to swap it. Might be worth a shot, they are pretty good with customers.

steve stacey

Novice Member
Hi

Thanks. My fault entirely. I bought it two months ago, and had a fair bit of use. Is it really likely they’d let me swap and pay difference at this stage?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Unlikely. Depends where you bought it from. You could try claiming that it’s faulty, and try and get your money back. That seems to work with Amazon, but I think that you’re stuck. Grabbing a Manhattan T3 (not the T3-R) might be an option, but I think that you’re looking at putting your hand in your pocket for a T3-R and consigning the T2-R to the subs. bench.

steve stacey

Novice Member
Hi again

Managed to return T2, and replaced with T3. Set it up, but have one query. When you use BBC IPlayer for first time, the screen gives you a code and prompts you to go to the IPlayer log in page on your phone or pc etc. However, when I do that on my phone, I’m prompted to log in with my usual details.

If I log in with that, will that log me into IPlayer on the Manhattan? (Guess the same thing will happen with ITV player?)
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

mikej

The procedure is normally straight forward and involves visiting the URL the device suggests on your phone, logging in with the BBC account you use for iPlayer and then entering the code the device gives you, which should then make iPlayer available to use on your device.

steve stacey

Novice Member
Hi again

May I bother you all with another daft query? I can watch BBC IPlayer fine through the pvr, but the interface is not what I expected. On my phone, iPad and laptop, I can drill down by channel and date. However, using the pvr “app”, although I can see boxed sets and there is a search function, I don’t seem to be able to get the programmes listed under dates for the previous week?

Maybe I just need to play around with it?

Thanks yet again.

mikej

Are you accessing programs via the Freeview Play interface or the separate iPlayer app ?

To do what you suggested on the iPlayer app on my Panasonic TV, you select the channel you want, then scroll right to the bottom and click on 'Schedule' to bring up a list of the past 7 days for that particular channel.

It's possible there might be small differences between different version of the iPlayer app on different devices, especially as those devices get older and the apps are no longer updated. Your PVR is fairly new though so should have an up-to-date version, I would have thought.

steve stacey

Novice Member
Hi

Many thanks for prompt response. Was accessing via the app. (When you hit featured button) I’m confused about “the Freeview play interface”. That log appears when I switch the pvr on (Ethernet connection to router) When I select a channel to watch, there doesn’t appear to be schedule option on the screen.

mikej

Freeview Play brings content from all the main catch-up apps together in one place for convenience and offers the ability to watch box sets, recommended programs (etc) from all the different channels.

I don't use it much myself but I would imagine you'll have to have a play around to see if it offers you the functionality you want and if it doesn't, then launching the iPlayer app separately might be the answer.

The iPlayer app on my TV is quite different from the same app on my Android phone in terms of layout so, again, it will just be a case of exploring all the options if the interface is unfamiliar at first.

I don't own a Manhattan PVR, but the ability to drill down to a particular BBC channel and a particular day is present on both of my devices, so it's likely to be present on the Manhattan version too.

steve stacey

Novice Member
Thanks again.

Just seen you can scroll back using the < button on the remote. Will play around with that and the app to see which I prefer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom