Manhattan SX Freesat - "transponder not found"

TomE

Novice Member
I've recently moved into a new house which has twin sat cables in the lounge. I'm trying to get Freesat through the Manhattan SX box which only has one input. I've plugged one of the cables in but during installation/tuning I get the "Main Freesat Transponder Not Found" error. I've checked the LNB on the dish and it's a Sky EL021 which I understand should be compatible. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Many thanks!

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I've checked the LNB on the dish and it's a Sky EL021 which I understand should be compatible.
You understand wrong.

That's a $ky Q wideband lnb and won't work properly with the Manhattan.

Either buy the latest freesat 4k PVR which works with the LNB or swap the LNB for the correct one e.g. the Visiblewave VK4L.

Fred Smith

Sky EL021 is a wideband LNB for Sky Q and Arris Freesat boxes. You will need to change the LNB to a Sky universal type.

TomE

Novice Member
Thank you both for clarifying, I'll try and get an engineer out next week... my ladder isn't tall enough!

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Prices vary wildly depending on the area, and how easy access to the dish is.

Call a few (at least three) reputable local installers for an estimate/quotation.

PS they are Technicians not degree level qualified Engineers.

TomE

Novice Member
No, it's still on the to-do list. We're able to watch catch up services and Netflix so it's not a huge priority. Let me know how you get on in terms of quotes!

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
It cost me £165 last week for a new 80cm Technomate dish, hybrid LNB, and a check on the aerial alignment of my TV aerials. Not much help as the OP is located in Kent, but I class that as good value, especially as post install my LG TV has some random dropouts on Freesat (the well-discussed tuner overload issue, I suspect). The guy came back today, checked things out and we've agreed a plan whereby I try a Manhattan SX receiver to see if that fixes the issue, and if not, he'll swap the LNB to a different make, which he's already left with me. Excellent service, in my book ...

logiciel

What’s the 80cm going to be used for?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Freesat reception.

My dish location is marginal in that I only just get a clear line of sight, and the dish location is the only viable place unless I want a dish stuck up on a mast, which I don’t, or on my chimney stack, which my wife doesn’t want.

My installer agrees with my choice of dish size, and the quality is far better than the cheapie Sky-type dishes. My installer uses the 80cm Technomate dishes for all communal systems too.

logiciel

OK - you’re unlucky! Technos certainly are good.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom