Manhattan Freesat Channel Scan failure

Creechy

Novice Member
Hi - been using a manhattan freesat box for a while with no issues ( also running Sky q in other rooms) so LNB etc have all been compatible. Lost ITV 1 at the weekend - tried to rescan but failed at when at 10% - 100% Sat quality and 65% strength. I can get non freesat channels ( ITV's, Channel 4 and 5s etc) without issue if is scan for them. Tried all things - turn off at the wall, reset to factory settings, check connections etc all fine.

It also managed to give me about 12 Freesat channels this am when I went straight to the guide including BBC Oxford and North Ire but after I treid scanning thinking it had "woken up" it didnt find any and the guide is blank

I can not manage which transponder etc as not options in the menu I can see

Any pointers would be appreciated ?

Thanks

Mike

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
A few likely possibles to investigate:

Dish has moved off alignment needs fettling (what does Q box report on S and Q?)
Cable fault (try box on a spare cable from legacy ports on the LNB if you have any in other rooms - not the two Q wideband outputs though). Check re-make the plugs.

LNB faulty: LNB is a hybrid type (model/make could help?)
1. has decided to send a wideband signal to the legacy input of the Manhattan so it's confused (wrong IF frequencies, retuning/scan was a bad idea really but too late now) {Only early 6-output auto switching hybrids may be capable of that; probably.}
2. The LNB port output has failed {or internal signal switching / amplifying circuit has failed}
3. No DC power and signalling reaching the LNB port from the Manhattan {dodgy cable/no DC path = break in cable; it will still pass AC RF signals, perhaps not as well, by 'jumping' the gap} So no H/V switching.

Which ITV1 HD region is normal for your postcode as the transponder/frequency/polarisation will differ.
Freesat home transponder is needed for EPG Guide ch 999 and overnight housekeeping retunes.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Which Manhattan Freesat box? It could be a box fault, especially if the SkyQ box is playing nicely. Manhattan offer a 2y guarantee on their kit if you register within 30 days of purchase.

If everything else chez vous is OK, as suggested by @Rodders53, then getting the box checked/replaced is the next step. A new Manhattan SX box can be had from JL for £49. I really like my SX box, apart from the rubbish remote.

Creechy

Novice Member
Hi

Thanks for the tips

I am not sure what the root cause was but it looks like it was possibly a freesat issue as I did a final reboot to factory settings after checking the inputs, dish etc as suggested ( could not really see any issue).

After the reset - channel scan completed correctly and all channels back to normal.

Thanks again

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom