manfrotto tripod/ball-head bargain

Steve Kelly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This is a good price for a decent tripod and head, non?...
Manfrotto MK055XPRO3 Tripod and 498RC2 Ball Head (MK055XPRO3-BH) - Wex Photographic

The tripod on its own is £159, so an extra tenner for the ball head.
the last time I looked (recently) these were about £240 in Ali, so looks like on a good offer at the mo.

just making y'all aware, in case any of you are in the market.

It was the combi that I've coveted for a while, but I wanted to CF version, but couldn't afford it.
But at this price, I'm happy to compromise. The Ali is 2.5kgs compared to the CF's 2kgs, so no biggie to me. Plus what one loses in heaviness, one gains in sturdiness.

i'll get a smaller one for travel at some point in the future. But as I don't seem to be able to stop spending money (that I haven't got), I won't be going anywhere soon anyway! :)

"Oui!"

...about £100 cheaper than most other dealers at the moment from a quick Google...

Good deal that. I wish you could just buy the ballhead for a tenner :laugh:

Don't be fooled:D just keep an eye on Amazon! I got the tripod for £107(last month) all be it vat free, but even then it would only of been about £130 ish. Amazon change their pricing so much, you just have to be on the ball and if you are not in any rush you can grab a bargain:thumbsup:

Don't be fooled:D just keep an eye on Amazon! I got the tripod for £107(last month) all be it vat free, but even then it would only of been about £130 ish. Amazon change their pricing so much, you just have to be on the ball and if you are not in any rush you can grab a bargain:thumbsup:

"don't be fooled" by what?
not sure of your point here, dude. are you suggesting the Wex deal is not a good deal?
or that we should only be getting good deals from Amazon?

And, you got the tripod for £130, and this is 'the tripod plus a £74 ball head' for £159...

I thought I was being on ball, by spotting the offer!

... so confused! :confused:

"don't be fooled" by what?
not sure of your point here, dude. are you suggesting the Wex deal is not a good deal?
or that we should only be getting good deals from Amazon?

And, you got the tripod for £130, and this is 'the tripod plus a £74 ball head' for £159...

I thought I was being on ball, by spotting the offer!

... so confused! :confused:

Maybe the word "fooled" was a little inappropriate, but a did put a big grin next to it. What I was getting at was that the prices do fall even further as it did for me! and if you keep checking you might get an even better bargain as I did with this combo at £172

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfrotto-0...8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1423913289&sr=1-8

ps: how do you know I'm a dude;)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Probably from your avatar that looks like a condom :devil: ;)

I hope everything works out when you finally meet that "girl" you've been dating via the web Snerks..... :devil:

ps: how do you know I'm a dude;)

Because it's hard to believe that a woman would waste her time with this misogynistic bunch? ;)

Because it's hard to believe that a woman would waste her time with this misogynistic bunch? ;)

What an odd gift for Valentines day.... a Dictionary.... :p

I dunno, Jim doesn't seem to find it a waste of time :devil:

If you like ;)

What is your avatar by the way?

We have a winner:clap: but Jim does have some previous knowledge ;)

...Indeed I do have a bit of "previous" - or so my Parole Officer says anyway.... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom