1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manfrotto 109 tripod and 390 head instructions.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by RimBlock, Aug 24, 2005.

1. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

Well I took the plunge and ended up with a Manfrotto 109 tripod with the 390 head. The one on display was the last in the shop so they boxed it up and I took it home.

On unpacking I found that there were no instructions. The basics are basic enough for me to work out but I would like a copy of the manual / instruction guide to pickup anythings am missing.

Has anyone got a link to this or any suggestions. I have been browsing their website but it is like pulling teeth as it is so slow. I can't find any on-line manuals at all.

Thanks
    RB

2. Peakoverload

Peakoverload

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Um what's to miss? It's a tripod.

Sorry, not meaning to be rude but I've never once read a tripod manual, hell I'm not even sure if my Manfrotto ones came with manuals or not. It's just three legs and a central column after all.

The biggest question though is the head. If you are using this for video work then that's fine but for stills photography its the wrong kind.

3. RimBlock

RimBlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmm,

The head is described as;
    Jessops
    "390RC Head
    This head is specifically designed to allow both still photographic and video applications."

Manfrotto
    "This 3-way aluminium head is designed to allow still photography or video application."

As for what I may need instruction on....

Some questions I have;
    What is the plastic clip on the central column for (it can be taken off easily but it must be there for a reason).

What is the best way to remove the central column to allow the camera to be mounted close to the ground when it is reversed.

How do the alloy catches at the top of the legs work to allow different angles.

What does the little red bulb by the central column retaining screw denote.

Does the sprung ball bearing in the central column go above the head bracket or is the head screw meant to screw into where the ball bearing is.

Maybe I should have been more specific in my original post.

Any advice would be most welcome.

RB