Manchester today - Panasonic LX2

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by Ikki, May 5, 2007.

1. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I don't get down to Manchester often but it was really busy today.

Shoppers enjoying a pint in the sun at Sinclairs pub and the old Wellington Inn. These two pubs are each hundreds of years old. Both have been moved across the town centre twice in their lives as new buildings have been built.

[​IMG]

Who's winning? The crowd watching the local football derby between Manchester United and Manchester City. Man U won 1-0.

[​IMG]

Every time I come into Manchester centre, it has changed. There is so much new building work or renovation/rebuilding going on.

[​IMG]

I was in a shop and wondered what all the noise was. I came out to see a march which turned out to be the Londonderry Apprentice Boys parade 2007.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those that don't know it, Manchester's town hall is a Victorian neo-gothic masterpiece of great beauty both inside and out. Less often seen is the detail on the 1930's extension which is a striking building in it's own right.

[​IMG]

2. Tobers

Tobers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +893
    Very nice shots - not been to Manchester before. You've captured it very well.

3. imcarm

imcarm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice shots mate, I never realised Manchester was this photogenic :thumbsup:

4. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks for the comments guys, I thought that there might be a few things happening yesterday with it being a bank holiday weekend. It was really busy and very noisy with lots of bands, marches and of course footie fever. :)

5. fuzed

fuzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    i'll be getting married at the town hall later in the year, its a stunning building! :)
    some great pics there mate. :)