1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester Show

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by patmyhead, Oct 19, 2003.

1. patmyhead

Standard Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I o M
    Went to show yesterday seen my new pioneer 504 looks very big in real life glad that the speakers can go under screen ,pity they dont come in black though only silver
    picture was good ,not brillant to my eyes anyway .looked to need a bit of fiddling with the contrast settings
    HDMI looked better but haveing said that its not only dvd;s that i watch, its tv as well & none of the plasmas that i saw had bog strandard sky or free view i surpose they just wanted to show what their screens where capable off not what we watch in the real world
    asked pioneer about the new 501 recorder haveing no RGB input the first guy said it did but when he asked his mate confirmed it did not & when i asked how to connect sky to the recorder? By the S link ,no s link on my didibox i said AHH was the reply & that he thought that this was a own goal by pioneer & to get the Panasonic :)
    All i all it was a good show well worth flying in for seen a lot of good kit & talked to very helpfull assistents even if some of my questions could not be answered I learnt a few things & maybe saved some dosh on their tips