• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Dam

Distinguished Member

Van Dam

Distinguished Member
Warning: Pictures are graphic.

Search Twitter - live

There looks like bodies lying in the arena and a blood soaked floor.

spoonuk

From someone I know:

"Apparently it was a large balloon in the arena which everyone thought was a bomb and then a stampede started. A friend of mine in the press has a friend who works in A&E in Mancs.."

Awful news though..

richp007

Distinguished Member
From someone I know:

"Apparently it was a large balloon in the arena which everyone thought was a bomb and then a stampede started. A friend of mine in the press has a friend who works in A&E in Mancs.."

Awful news though..
Are they suggesting it was a balloon, but then people have died because of a subsequent stampede? Christ, I hope not.

Emmerdale actress Isabel Hodgins confirming on Sky News though there was smoke and burning. So must have been an explosion of sorts.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Dashcam footage outside the arena captures the explosion at 7 seconds:

AdorableJoe on Twitter

Terrible news whatever the cause.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
It's very sad and scary. I'm not exactly sure what's happened. There's so many pictures, rumours and speculation. I hope any casualties are minimal. :( We've had friends and family ringing us, as we've just been to see Take That in Liverpool and they weren't sure where we were.

spoonuk

Twitter is just so full of crap and attention seekers is mind blowing! Fake news is a real issue as you simply don't know which source to trust.

richp007

Distinguished Member
If you believe social media, there's a gunman running about now, there's been another explosion, and there's hundreds dead.

Just hoping there's not too many fatalities.

spoonuk

I don't but it is not funny when people are tweeting crap just to get attention. NBC Chicago are saying there is at least 20 people dead on their Twitter channel. Wonder how they know?

richp007

Distinguished Member
"Treating as a possible terrorist incident".

I think the default action in the current climate is to always treat anything like this as a potential terrorist incident. I'm sure they were from the moment it happened.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
So quick to jump on the terrorist bandwagon aren't they.

Suave

Distinguished Member
Heartbreaking stuff - everyday, ordinary people trying simply enjoy a night out with friends, family & loved ones in a happy atmosphere only for such vile action & carnage to destroy it all.

So very, very sad.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Controlled explosion imminent. Fair play to Sky News for highlighting that. Incase people heard it on the TV and panicked again.

Jules

Distinguished Member
I've worked in central Manchester for most of my life, and live a few miles away so i know the area extremely well.

I can also recall the devestation of the IRA bomb that destroyed the area very close to the arena.

Cant believe our city has been hit again, and it doesnt sound like this is anything other than a suicide or timed bomb.

Really saddening and I hope there are no more confimed casualties.

One thing to note....Access to the arena is from within Victoria train station with a car park attached to it.
Its a wierd setup I always thought had poor access.

I think this could've been much, much worse.

bruce-leroy

Distinguished Member
What's even more devastating is that the artist has a very young fan base, so there'll have been loads of children in attendance. :(

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Like many others my niece is going to the O2 London concert this Thursday , surely Grande or the venue will cancel this show, security will be heightened at this concert should it go ahead, but they probably thought that about Manchester

RIP to the loss of life tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom