• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Managing photos on ipad 2

tvbox

Distinguished Member
Hi

Want to import photos onto ipad but there is no easy way apart from using damned iTunes!!! First of all can someone reccomend me a decent way to get photos and videos selectively onto the ipad by using drag and drop, tick boxes, etc... on itunes you cant select which photos you want to transfer, it's either all or none.

Also, once they are on there (or before transferring), how do i manage them into Albums and events, etc? You could do it on the computer, i've heard that the ipad totally ignores all folders and merges them all into one. It really doesn't make sense, and there is no point in it, how can anyone enjoy using Itunes?
Before you even mention, I will not buy any kind of crap photo management software like Iphoto, i want to be able to manage them myself.

Basically... iPad is great, iTunes is not...

On a very unrelated note, I use Google talk and i am wondering if there is a Google talk or IM app that supports the 'Call' part of google talk. I want to be able to use it in a 'facetime' way (without the webcam as gtalk does not suuport it yet of course.)

Last edited:

Stinja

Distinguished Member
You should be able to select just a few photos, or use the camera kit to get them direct from a camera - again you can pic and choose.

I'm not very good at iTunes, because like you find it very annoying, but i believe people make folders, then drag that folder over to help with the organisation.

Photo and video management is an area that desperately needs more user control direct on the iPad... :rolleyes:

tvbox

Distinguished Member
You should be able to select just a few photos, or use the camera kit to get them direct from a camera - again you can pic and choose.

I'm not very good at iTunes, because like you find it very annoying, but i believe people make folders, then drag that folder over to help with the organisation.

Photo and video management is an area that desperately needs more user control direct on the iPad... :rolleyes:

Yes. Do you know how to manage the photos into events and albums, places etc? Either ON the iPad or on the computer.

Also can you tell me how to drag and drop the folders onto iPad?

Thanks.
I've seen it done on the iPads In the shop but there seems to be no option here. Again, I will not buy any kind of software that is required to use this like :censored: iphoto, etc. One of the reasons I got one is because how nice it is to peek and view the photos built in like on the adverts. If It can't do this simple thing then I think that is wrong advertising and they expect us to buy their own computers and software.

tvbox

Distinguished Member
Does dropbox have the capability to put them into the photo library on iPad? Or is it just stuck there in the dropbox app? The idea of dragging the files onto dropbox on your compute and then having them magically appearing on the iPad is amazingly but I want to know if it can go to the photo library, or are they just stuck on the dropbox app.

Again would adobe photoshop express do the same? It sounds good, but I want them to go onto the photo library not on it's own app, mainly because the photo library is slick and sleek and you can email the photos striahght away.

Putting photos using the USB cable takes time- what does it mean by Optimising 1 of 100 photos?
Also iTunes works very slow on windows computers.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
They are in the Dropbox app, but you can open the file and then press the arrow icon and save it to the photo folder.

If you are moving photos from the iPad to the PC, make sure your Dropbox app is up to date, as they added the feature to be able to select multiple files rather than one at a time.

tvbox

Distinguished Member
Theydon Bois said:
They are in the Dropbox app, but you can open the file and then press the arrow icon and save it to the photo folder.

If you are moving photos from the iPad to the PC, make sure your Dropbox app is up to date, as they added the feature to be able to select multiple files rather than one at a time.

Thanks alot Not sure where my favourite thanks button is on the iPad AVF app...

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

tvbox

Distinguished Member
Oh, looks like dropbox saves the pics to the camera roll. :( never mind.

Sent from my iPad using AVForums

pstones578

Hi

Want to import photos onto ipad but there is no easy way apart from using damned iTunes!!! First of all can someone reccomend me a decent way to get photos and videos selectively onto the ipad by using drag and drop, tick boxes, etc... on itunes you cant select which photos you want to transfer, it's either all or none.

Also, once they are on there (or before transferring), how do i manage them into Albums and events, etc? You could do it on the computer, i've heard that the ipad totally ignores all folders and merges them all into one. It really doesn't make sense, and there is no point in it, how can anyone enjoy using Itunes?
Before you even mention, I will not buy any kind of crap photo management software like Iphoto, i want to be able to manage them myself.

Basically... iPad is great, iTunes is not...

On a very unrelated note, I use Google talk and i am wondering if there is a Google talk or IM app that supports the 'Call' part of google talk. I want to be able to use it in a 'facetime' way (without the webcam as gtalk does not suuport it yet of course.)

I use photo-sort on the iPhone and am going to put it on my iPad too. Photo-sort retains folders and even lets you sync photo's wirelessly without itunes.

Photo-Sort for iPad - Organize your photos and videos into folders for iPad on the iTunes App Store

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Did you ever sort this out? I've thought about getting an iPad for some time but am always put off by the thought of having to use that awful iTunes and also put off by the restrictions which Apple seem to place on you in respect of getting stuff onto the iPad and then sorting and displaying.

I would mainly use it for showing family and friends photos etc but I'm thinking that I'd be better off with a laptop or netbook.

tvbox

Distinguished Member
I'm just waiting for iOS 5- then photos will be serious on the iPad. Check out the iOS 5 thread.
What I would do is get a camera connection kit and import thee pics then sort them out.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom