Managing Director = Poor Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the schnitzel? I can see no info on branding on the website.

Yes, but they come in a box, not in a generic see through bag.

When you're selling a relatively cheap product, probably with not a lot of profit on it, there comes a time when dealing with a customer is costing you money....you make nothing from it. Now the guy has tried to be accommodating and yes, you appear to have been polite enough with this. But he still wants to cut his losses and move on.

I get that to a degree, but where has he tried to be accomaodating, he gave me a voucher he has now stopped me using and has offered to refund me and then backtracked, I never slammed the Sausageman as a company and even my negatvie review still says they have fantastic foods, he however has been rude, lied and withdrawn a voucher without letting me have a final order to spend it.

I would have carried on ordering from them for years to come.

I don't think you understand, this company doesn't want your money 'At any price'

The company has quite likely spent more resources/money than your original order was worth.

When we had customer issues, we could look up how long they'd been a customer, how much they'd spent and in the end, how much we valued that custom. Then make a decision whether to terminate that relationship.

We make our own schnitzels much nicer.

I don't understand how or where they have spent more resources or money than the order was worth?

How much was the order worth? The value.

£36.11 as some of the products were out of stock, 4 packets Frikadellen, 4 packets Maultaschen and one packet Weisswurst and one packet Pretzels.

All items arrive frozen and that is why my friend was sending one a month

I'm going to ask a moderator to close and archive the thread please, it baffles me that substadard service merits good comments and polite complaint about this merits negativity.

Simple matter, products were ordered and paid for, different products arrived, voucher and refund promised and then removed and account closed by seller and they somehow are the good guys who need understanding and a comforting arm around the shoulder.

Has the world changed so much since the pandemic that a good customer is one whoi never complains about anything?

£36.11 as some of the products were out of stock, 4 packets Frikadellen, 4 packets Maultaschen and one packet Weisswurst and one packet Pretzels.

There's your answer.
Seriously, communicating with you will have cost more than that.

All the processes in a business are costed, especially an established business.

Yes, but they come in a box, not in a generic see through bag.
I don’t see the relevance of it coming in a box.
They are not advertising a particular brand of schnitzel on the website so are free to use whatever supplier has available stock at any given time. They do not have to provide the same exact item every time as long as it meets the info given on the website.

I'm going to ask a moderator to close and archive the thread please, it baffles me that substadard service merits good comments and polite complaint about this merits negativity.
You initially had good service, but it seems that you had issues with every single order

Simple matter, products were ordered and paid for, different products arrived, voucher and refund promised and then removed and account closed by seller and they somehow are the good guys who need understanding and a comforting arm around the shoulder.
The advertised products were delivered, they just didn’t meet your expectations as they had been provided by a different supplier due to supply issues. While disappointing they are still what is advertised on the website.

Has the world changed so much since the pandemic that a good customer is one whoi never complains about anything?
Not at all, but retailers have the right to refuse service and that is what seems to have happened in this instance.

My years in business have taught me one thing, and that’s ‘not be afraid to walk away from commercially unviable or non-sensical situations’. That’s what the MD has seemingly done.

Sometimes Op you can’t continue to pursue a complaint and need to shake hands and walk away to concentrate on the greater good.

Last edited:
Wondering if this should go into the Food and Drinks or Spam thread 🤪

I've been upfront with clients before and told them they are simply not worth my time/cost to deal with..... Most people understand and accept that.

Don't think there is much wrong here - you need to move on from this.... It's some food from a supplier you didn't like the taste of.

That’s the cost to you, the profit to them is far , far less. Your expectations can’t be met. Move on, find someone who can meet them.

Closing at OP’s request but not deleting as the other party has a right to reply.

On the baiss of fairness I asked for the thread to be reopened, they Sausageman has now almost fully refunded me, the difference is roughly £2 but not enough to be spiteful about, I replied once again stating a simple wish for the best as I would have carried on using the company for the long term.

Could you ask your German friend to update us so we know what happened from that side? Because as the purchaser it should have been his problem, not yours.

And why are they refunding you?

Last edited:
Wouldn't somewhere like trustpilot or Google reviews be a more appropriate place to leave such an extensive review

Could you ask your German friend to update us so we know what happened from that side? Because as the purchaser it should have been his problem, not yours.

And why are they refunding you?

I have asked and as he is not a member of AVforums he does not want to share any perosnal information, and I mistakenly said he refunded me, I merely meant the money was refunded to the payment method used

Wouldn't somewhere like trustpilot or Google reviews be a more appropriate place to leave such an extensive review

It was posted on Trustpilot, I was looking to see if there was any sympathy for the buyer here, apparently there was little.

Please respond to my conversation.

I have asked and as he is not a member of AVforums he does not want to share any perosnal information, and I mistakenly said he refunded me, I merely meant the money was refunded to the payment method used

It was posted on Trustpilot, I was looking to see if there was any sympathy for the buyer here, apparently there was little.
I thought your German friend was @usako ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom