Management speak

mjn

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Although this topic has been done many times before, i heard a new one today......managers at my company aren't called managers.....they're called, "people leaders" :rotfl:

i'm not sure what you mean but if I don't get all my ducks lined up by the close of play and promote some synergy my thought pipeline's going to be seriously out the loop.

Last edited:
BINGO!

:rotfl:

Attachments

• fig04.gif
    fig04.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 424
One that sticks in my head from recent meetings is eating the elephant one bite at a time.

:eek: I remember my wife bringing that phrase home from a lifestyle seminar 15 years ago, do these things go around in circles?

i'm not sure what you mean but if I don't get all my ducks lined up by the close of play and promote some synergy my thought pipeline's going to be seriously out the loop.

That's some serious blue sky thinking. Personally, I find if you empower the stakeholders you'll create a critical mass of offline information that you can successfully ingest into your workflow.

You just need to make sure the grass doesn't grow too long before you have a benchmarking session, obviously capturing all the thought fragments along the way.

etc. etc. etc.

The Time Manager trainers (AKA filofax) used to talk about "Elephant Tasks" and how to consume them bite by bite. Approx. 20 years ago when I was on the course.

That was the one, it probably was more like 20 years ago now you mention it.

Dave

Although this topic has been done many times before, i heard a new one today......managers at my company aren't called managers.....they're called, "people leaders" :rotfl:

What will they call them when they have made the workforce redundant and there is nobody left to lead?

I suppose then they will have to establish an executive research group to enable a meaningful progression with respect to an apparent anomaly in the nomenclature paradigm. By the time they have sorted that out, the recession will be over, staff will be employed again and they will have to set up another executive research group to overcome the anomaly of managers being called something that doesn't involve management.

One that sticks in my head from recent meetings is eating the elephant one bite at a time.

That's some serious blue sky thinking. Personally, I find if you empower the stakeholders you'll create a critical mass of offline information that you can successfully ingest into your workflow.

You just need to make sure the grass doesn't grow too long before you have a benchmarking session, obviously capturing all the thought fragments along the way.

etc. etc. etc.

Why not refrain from eating the elephant and let it feed itself on the grass, which won't therefore grow too long?

etc. etc. etc.

I get the bandwith of your brain-dump but at the end of the day we need to bring to the table a granular yet viral dialogue which will communicate a paradigm shift in reorganising our asset management.

I'm exhausted.

Maybe you've got an elephant stuck in your thought pipeline? You really ought to chew things over a bit more before inwardly digesting them...

Have you tried Immodium?

Dave

This fashionable verbal diarrohea is propagated by all of the types in the picture except for the manual worker :

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Attachments

• BritWork.JPG
    BritWork.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 276
"Going forward". 2 simple words but used at every available opportunity by every single manager/team leader in my workplace.

Is there any other direction? Seriously :rolleyes: ...

Brainstorms are a bit to aggresive....we now reccomend 'thought showers':rolleyes:

etc. etc. etc.

Hmm, think i will have to suck that through a straw and see what comes out the other end:cool:

Verbal diarrohea?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom