Managed to download GTHD

opo101

Established Member
Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic!

Stunning graphics, just getting into the gameplay, but it looks amazing at 1080p.

What does everyone think?

It looks ok, i'm not really feeling it perhaps its just the car, graphics arn't doing much for me, much prefered motorstorm.

Is is it just me or is this more of a demo than a full game?

One track and 8 cars? :confused:

I thought it was supposed to be a full game with GT5 in the future.

Is is it just me or is this more of a demo than a full game?

One track and 8 cars? :confused:

I thought it was supposed to be a full game with GT5 in the future.

you never get full games for free..

Looks good but just makes you realise how much fun motorstorm is.

Any interpretation of Japanese menus. Is it possible to get outside view & a replay? Only had a single quick play this morning before being kicked of TV by kids :(

psikey, get it from the US store it's in full english.

I was looking forward to this but feel like i've opened a present to find a pair of green polyester socks.

They could have let you race against other cars, i would have loved to play the track online, i suppose you can't complain if it's free though. Hopefully they'll add to it with more tracks/modes.

Most of my rankings were around 1500 but i managed to get ranked 35 in the reverse mode with the tuned rally car, first go too. That's the only saving grace, you can try to get in the top 10 rankings and people can watch your replay.

Poor show Sony.

Looks good but just makes you realise how much fun motorstorm is.

Any interpretation of Japanese menus. Is it possible to get outside view & a replay? Only had a single quick play this morning before being kicked of TV by kids :(

press select on the pad in game for outside view

Hey, now rank 9th in the reverse track using tuned rally car, well chuffed, time 1'15.785 user name curb36 :clap:

OMG!! rank of TWO NOW!!! I can't believe it, few hundreths of a second off top spot, go see the replay, i can do much better too!!! Try and beat me lol! It will show up online in a few minutes! Time is 1'12.975. Got to beat "gitarooman" who ranks high in every category.

edit: it's up now!! just watching my replay

Hmm so it's GT in HD. That's it. No improvements as far as I can see, only maybe some slight momentum added to the cars.

Some peeps are going crazy over the graphics at GAF. I'm running it at 1080P on a Bravia and it looks jaggy as hell (though you've got to sit within say 3-4 feet to notice them). The replays look good (thanks to motion blur and depth of field effects), but then they run at 30FPS as opposed to 60.

Expected more TBH :thumbsdow

Hmm so it's GT in HD. That's it. No improvements as far as I can see, only maybe some slight momentum added to the cars.

Some peeps are going crazy over the graphics at GAF. I'm running it at 1080P on a Bravia and it looks jaggy as hell (though you've got to sit within say 3-4 feet to notice them). The replays look good (thanks to motion blur and depth of field effects), but then they run at 30FPS as opposed to 60.

Be grateful that they gave up on this to concentrate on GT5. :)

If you are sitting 3-4 feet from your 40 inch screen you are sitting way, way to close. Get a smaller screen!!

I really don't see why people are moaning, it's free, yes at the moment it's just 1 track and 8 cars, but they've already announced in the run-up to GT5 there'll be more race modes, cars and tracks.

So whats the problem exactly? have people jsut never played GT before and are expecting burnout or something? It's brilliant, simple as that, it's GT but in HD, what more do you want, and it's free. Yeah it's a bit limited "at the moment", but agian, it's free, and will improve as they release more and more stuff for it.

Now stop moaning and go cook the turkey :)

If you are sitting 3-4 feet from your 40 inch screen you are sitting way, way to close. Get a smaller screen!!

It's not that close?

yeah like the guys say is free....never been a lover for this game but it does look better and things can only get better with more free stuff to down load:D

GAF?

Can we have some piccies?

yeah like the guys say is free....never been a lover for this game but it does look better and things can only get better with more free stuff to down load:D

I agree. Some people are expecting way too much. It is a demo after all and not even of the new GT game. GT5 hopefully will be a lot more advanced in terms of features and game play when it's released in 2008.

The fun starts once you unlock all cars including the tuned versions and the reverse version of the track. The feeling of getting ranked in the top 5 in the whole world and having people watching your replays is fantastic. I was ranked 2nd but overnight dropped to 10. Had another go today, back up to 3 again, this is out of tens of thousands of players all over the globe.

You have to turn off the awful assisted steering, change the tyres to racing type 3 and the drift to about 5 (i'm working from memory here, exact facts may be wrong i've had a tipple).

Replays of the top players can help you as you can click x and see their in car view and how they did it. You can also see what settings they used as in tyres, transmission etc.

I thought it was pants at first, give it time, great fun.

Another cool feature of the replays i found out today, pressing triangle or one of the other symbols (can't remember) zooms in the camera during the replay. Also, no replay is the same, you can save a replay and the camera angles are different every time you play it, good stuff.

The fun starts once you unlock all cars including the tuned versions and the reverse version of the track. The feeling of getting ranked in the top 5 in the whole world and having people watching your replays is fantastic. I was ranked 2nd but overnight dropped to 10. Had another go today, back up to 3 again, this is out of tens of thousands of players all over the globe.

You have to turn off the awful assisted steering, change the tyres to racing type 3 and the drift to about 5 (i'm working from memory here, exact facts may be wrong i've had a tipple).

Replays of the top players can help you as you can click x and see their in car view and how they did it. You can also see what settings they used as in tyres, transmission etc.

I thought it was pants at first, give it time, great fun.

what time did your clock quarryfied?

I was ranked 4th this morning with 1'11.7

must admit though the time trial is very addictive:D

what time did your clock quarryfied?

I was ranked 4th this morning with 1'11.7

must admit though the time trial is very addictive:D

Reverse track with tuned rally car,user name "curb36", i can't get on my tv at the moment to get the time (1'11 something), damn other half and the soaps :mad: It was this afternoon got up to third from tenth, I probably knocked you down a peg :hiya: sorry lol. It's great fun, i'll have a look for you in the top ten later!

anyone know if the quiot bug has been fixed yet.

this allows people to quit in the tunnel and the quit time is registered and they get a very quick lap.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom