Managed Copying

cj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As I have my entire DVD collection on hard disk (currently occupying nearly 7 Terabytes), the managed copy feature is something I would really like from the next gen format. Here's an interesting article bought up by someone at AVS as to why Microsoft threw it's weight behing HD DVD: -

Microsoft HD DVD

The article was written in 2005 - is this still the way things are with both formats - compulsory managed copies in HD DVD, and non-existant/optional in Blu-Ray?

Has anyone any idea how managed copies will be performed - I'm guessing Vista will have this feature?

This first AACS release does not include managed copy but the next standard should do this, seems to have gone a bit quiet:confused:

Has there been any more news on Managed Copying?

Is Manage Copy still relevant? Now that a hack has been found to have as many copies of your HD titles as you want?

Apparently the hack doesn't work very well and half the films don't play properly.

To be honest it would be nice to back up my new hd-dvd's as the media itself does seem to be quite fragile and prone to scratching and damage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom