Man-made and man-worn

newbie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jaeger-LeCoultre as said to be "watchmakers' watchmaker" and have been based in Jura valley making watches since the 1800s. Normally you see the watch face, but on this one when you turn it over you can see inside and the automatic movement in action. This one gets worn most days so has acquired a few dings which the photo does a great job in highlighting!

The photo is a focus stack using Zerene Stacker as Photoshop autoblend was not able to do the job. Each image was taken with the Hassleblad H3DII at 120mm, ISO 100, f32 and 1/10s. @Zone I'll send an example with EXIF.

Last edited:
Nice lighting on this. I'm not sure on the composition on this though and think it might have been better just to get the back of the watch rather than the whole strap as well.

Know what you mean and did try that. Not easy to get a good shot of just the back as the strap does not open completely.

Nice enough shot but TBH it's not doing that much for me - main problem is that due to the focus stacking the strap is also in focus and quite distracting from the mechanism - perhaps a tighter crop showing more of the watch would have worked better for me... :)

Cracking watch though.... :cool:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom