Man hole cover/ drainage in garden cover?

p1tse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We've got a man hole drainage cover in the middle of our garden

Is there something which I can cover it up with so its less of an eye sore and more children friendly?

Is there something which I can cover it up with so its less of an eye sore and more children friendly?

You can get recessed covers to take block paving so I guess you could use one of those with soil/grass in it maybe?

To save on having to treat the lawn and cutting it I've come up with this idea. Might not be so child friendly, but at least it doesn't stand out like before.
Manhole-DONE.jpg

You can get recessed covers to take block paving so I guess you could use one of those with soil/grass in it maybe?
I was thinking that but wouldn,t the grass dry out? Maybe artificial turf?

Have you been there long and has there ever been need to access it? And is it for just your property or a communal drain? That may limit/effect what you can do. If it's just your own and never been an issue, you could consider getting it moved to somewhere less intrusive. Not a cheap option, but worth considering. Or simply blocking it off and filling it over. The obvious issue being if you ever need to unblock it, it would mean a lot more work.

Hard to see the whole garden, but is it too far away from that border to incorporate it, or would that overwhelm the lawn area.

Most times, people just plonk a planter over them.

We turfed over ours. No issue with it drying out or lifting it when the drain gets blocked. Artificial turf is quite cheap though, if you are worried.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom