Man hole cover/ drainage in garden cover?

p1tse

We've got a man hole drainage cover in the middle of our garden

Is there something which I can cover it up with so its less of an eye sore and more children friendly?

p1tse

mitre

Is there something which I can cover it up with so its less of an eye sore and more children friendly?

You can get recessed covers to take block paving so I guess you could use one of those with soil/grass in it maybe?

aVdub

Banned

To save on having to treat the lawn and cutting it I've come up with this idea. Might not be so child friendly, but at least it doesn't stand out like before.
Manhole-DONE.jpg

blue max

Distinguished Member
Have you been there long and has there ever been need to access it? And is it for just your property or a communal drain? That may limit/effect what you can do. If it's just your own and never been an issue, you could consider getting it moved to somewhere less intrusive. Not a cheap option, but worth considering. Or simply blocking it off and filling it over. The obvious issue being if you ever need to unblock it, it would mean a lot more work.

Hard to see the whole garden, but is it too far away from that border to incorporate it, or would that overwhelm the lawn area.

Most times, people just plonk a planter over them.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
We turfed over ours. No issue with it drying out or lifting it when the drain gets blocked. Artificial turf is quite cheap though, if you are worried.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom