Man Cave Setup - One PC / Two Monitors / Two Desktops

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Try to connect it to the TV, it does sound like a driver issue or compatibility issue with the USB hub.

Do you some details about your PC, especially the motherboard and GPU ?

As I said above, it requires support of the DisplayPort Alt Mode (or Thunderbolt 3) which is fairly common in most types of PCs but the desktop market is lagging behind as usual and it isn't well supported there yet.

There's no USB port on that graphics card and I don't see mention of it on that motherboard. Given that the only dedicated video output is an HDMI 1.4 connection it's clear video wasn't a priority for MSI. Does your CPU have integrated graphics?

El Barto

So it looks like I'll need to get a Displayport to HDMI adaptor to run from my GPU (1 x HDMI / 3x DP) to the HDMI of the Monitor (it only has VGA/DVI & HDMI)

El Barto

As I said above, it requires support of the DisplayPort Alt Mode (or Thunderbolt 3) which is fairly common in most types of PCs but the desktop market is lagging behind as usual and it isn't well supported there yet.

There's no USB port on that graphics card and I don't see mention of it on that motherboard. Given that the only dedicated video output is an HDMI 1.4 connection it's clear video wasn't a priority for MSI. Does your CPU have integrated graphics?
No IGPU unfortunately

oneman

Assuming you have a spare PCIe slock, you could get a very cheap, basic GPU card, This is £14 inc delivery and has HDMI out. Should be fine for the Acer monitor.

Or £15, this has HDMI and no fan,

El Barto

Assuming you have a spare PCIe slock, you could get a very cheap, basic GPU card, This is £14 inc delivery and has HDMI out. Should be fine for the Acer monitor.

Or £15, this has HDMI and no fan,
Good idead but my PC is at the limit (8 x HDD, 4 x SSD's, Raid Card, Asus Sound Card & 2 Slot GPU)

Going to buy this adaptor from Amazon and see how I get on
Amazon product

El Barto

Might be what you need, the multi-monitor controls in windows are fairly basic
Finding this very difficult to setup (ended up using Windows 10 and extended desktop) but alot of the software I want to run on the touchscreen independent of the LG TV doesn't play nice)

Thinking it will be easier to go down this route instead

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom