Mame / Mame-x?

AMO1980

Standard Member
Hi all,

I wish to get MAME onto my XBox which is currently softmodded (although I am not sure what with).

Do I need MAME or MAME-X? Does it matter? Someone mentioned that you can run MAME off a DVD - is this easier?

What's the easiest way to install MAME/MAME-X onto my XBox?

Can someone point me to an easy guide for dummies! ;)

AMO

scumball

Distinguished Member
Best version of Mame for the XBox is MamedOx Platinum - if you have Usenet/Newsgroup access with 40 day retention it's still up there as I uploaded it about a month ago. It's not on P2P or torrent.

MamedOx Platinum is a fully working Mame and ROMs package - all games 100% verified with no clones. It can be run from the DVD or fit on a stock HDD. Other version is MameOx, the program is fine but you will have to find ROMs to go with it and this can be a pain to get the right set as all XBox MAME are based on an old build (0.84 I think).

You could look out for Big Ass Emulator Disc 3 (3A for MAME 3B for FBA-XXX).
FBA-XXX (Pro) offer brilliant NeoGeo/CPS1/CPS2 emulation if you have ROMS for that.

A good place for emulation stuff is pleasuredome org...

AMO1980

Standard Member
Best version of Mame for the XBox is MamedOx Platinum - if you have Usenet/Newsgroup access with 40 day retention it's still up there as I uploaded it about a month ago. It's not on P2P or torrent.

MamedOx Platinum is a fully working Mame and ROMs package - all games 100% verified with no clones. It can be run from the DVD or fit on a stock HDD. Other version is MameOx, the program is fine but you will have to find ROMs to go with it and this can be a pain to get the right set as all XBox MAME are based on an old build (0.84 I think).

You could look out for Big Ass Emulator Disc 3 (3A for MAME 3B for FBA-XXX).
FBA-XXX (Pro) offer brilliant NeoGeo/CPS1/CPS2 emulation if you have ROMS for that.

A good place for emulation stuff is pleasuredome org...
Cool - I'll try and download it. It's on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox?

Thanx

AMO

AMO1980

Standard Member
Also, if I want to get it onto the Xbox, how do I do this? Do I install from a CD or do I find a way to copy the files in a specific area?

Thanx

AMO

scumball

Distinguished Member
It's on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox / alt.binaries.games.xbox / alt.binaries.xbox

Burn and run MamedOx Install DVD. Then FTP ISO of MamedOx Platinum to XBox using Qwix...easy.

Broxi1979

Download Auto Installer Deluxe V.3 for here

http://www.mininova.org/tor/214507

burn it to a dvd and installed off your new disc. It also has a load of other great stuff like dashboards and applications on there.

T

topstuff

Hi,
Well I have downloaded Mamedox Platinum 2.
I cant install it on the XBOX.
The obvious things I have tried are:

1. Using QWIX transfer the ISO
Result: Tried to execute the .xbe from XBMC and the application hangs.

2. Expanded the ISO and manually transferred the files to XBOX.
Result: Tried to execute the .xbe from XBMC and the application hangs.

3. Tried burning the ISO image created from xISO to DVD and then load DVD to the xbox.
Result: Hangs the XBOX

Any ideas? :lease:
I guess good chance that my 3.4 gig download is somewhat corrupt :thumbsdow

Thanks
Sam

Kebabhead

Novice Member
Hi all,

I wish to get MAME onto my XBox which is currently softmodded (although I am not sure what with).

Do I need MAME or MAME-X? Does it matter? Someone mentioned that you can run MAME off a DVD - is this easier?

What's the easiest way to install MAME/MAME-X onto my XBox?

Can someone point me to an easy guide for dummies! ;)

AMO
PM me your postal address and I will send you a full working version of BAED3 free of charge

doomlord

Novice Member
MAME is brilliant and alone is worth modding an Xbox for.
My current faves I am playing on it are:

1. Paperboy - works really well despite not having the handlebar joystick that was on the original arcade machine
2. Starforce - classic scrolling shooter
3. Blasteroids - asteroids update with lots of new features
4. Gauntlet - good fun when mates come over and you can have 4 of you playing
5. Bubble Bobble - awesome platform game

I like Pacland but cannot cross the lake on the springboard as the Xbox joystick doesn't handle the hammering the arcade one got. Same goes for Track and Field and also HyperSports. Shame Defender doesn't work that well either due to it's multiple keys.

scumball

Distinguished Member
You must copy the TDATA and UDATA folders from the "- Xbox Save MUST HAVE FOLDER" folder in MamedOX Platinum to your local E drive before it will run. It usually comes with a seperate install disc to do this, but otherwise do it yourself...it won't run without doing this.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom