Mallorca - Recommendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 27989
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27989

We were a bit late as per usual, but just booked a villa (with pool and tennis court :smashing:) between pollens & alcudia, got the flights, secured a car.

I has been a long long time, since before we had children, that we holidayed on Mallorca. I know when exploring the island that time we liked Pollensa & Alcudia much more than where we were staying in Cala Millor. We also like Valdemossa area....

Anyway has anyone got any recommendations for things to see, stuff to do, places to eat....Or avoid ;) We are an active family, and most definitely prefer quality over quantity :smashin:

The Pine Walk in Puerta Pollensa has loads of restaurants but many of them are typical tourist places but if you wander down the Pine Walk away from the town centre there is a rather nice Italian pizza, pasta plus other Italian dishes about a half mile down where the water laps right up to the edge of the restaurant.

I'm not a great pizza eater but they are considerably better than the touristy places closer to the centre.

A little further along is probably the best restaurant in the area which is part of a hotel but I can't remember it's name. We didn't eat there as there wasn't a children's menu and my youngster is a fussy devil so I always look for somewhere with chicken nuggets but this place didn't have it.

If you're going to Puerta Pollensa your biggest problem will be parking as spaces are very limited so be prepared to park out of town and excercise those muscles

Thanks :) I think I've been to the one where the water laps right up many years ago :) Our evenings will probably be spend between Puerta Pollensa, Pollensa and Alcudia although I do not know much at all about the latter from experience.

My children are fuzzy as well, although if there is chicken or beef from the grill or a spaghetti bolognese they will be happy :) My eldest loves kobe steak :rolleyes:

To be honest with the work I've been doing lately I think I'm going to be chilled where ever we are. Will definitely bring my ICC along and see if I can charter bare boat...

LOL Most definitely one failing in my parenthood ;) I'm quite confident that for as long as I am alive (and thereafter) I'll have to pay for it all...I'm more concerned about the handbags and shoes (they are girls ;)) and the desire to own their own horses...And always wanting to go with us on holiday..But I love them, wouldn't want to be without them...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom