Malicious text help

M1k3y

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I’m pretty desperate for some information.

I got a message earlier this evening. It wasn’t from a mobile number but from an email address.

When I checked my message folder the text was not there. Anyway, I was having a conversation over Facebook messenger with a friend when a random message popped up within the conversation, again sent by this email address.

I’ve tried searching Google but I can’t seem to find any information about this. Assume some sort of app is being used by the offender.

Can anyone please share some light on this? And more importantly, how do I block this email address. Currently using an old iPhone 6.

TIA.

The first was just “Hi”. The second said “I will haunt you”. If it’s who I think it is then I’ll be getting pestered for the foreseeable ☹️

Block the sender and report them to Facebook

Yeah, I’d just block. You clearly know who it is, so I wouldn’t worry. Not entirely sure it needed a thread.

It’s not coming through as a normal text. There is no number to block. It’s coming up as an email address. The message attaches itself to any conversation I’m currently in. THis is something I haven’t seen before, hence the thread.

I appreciate the message is now gone, can you share a screenshot and put an arrow to where the message appeared. Edit the photo to redact private information as necessary

So I’m just having a random conversation with my girlfriend when that line pops up “I will haunt u”. Notification at top of the screen telling me this email address has sent a message. How is it invading my conversation?

Attachments

• 384586F6-F05D-4E24-85EB-6180A34A9BB8.jpeg
    384586F6-F05D-4E24-85EB-6180A34A9BB8.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 105
And the owner of the other email or phone number does not see this message?

Either the other person's credentials are not secure and a third party has access to their email / phone number

Or else you have discovered a software bug that causes messages from different emails / phone numbers to new mixed up

And the owner of the other email or phone number does not see this message?

Either the other person's credentials are not secure and a third party has access to their email / phone number

Or else you have discovered a software bug that causes messages from different emails / phone numbers to new mixed up
NO, my girlfriend could not see the message. Is there a software I can use to check for thieves software bug? Thanks

Right Steve, I’ve done some digging and it turns out the email address is my girlfriends! We’re both pretty freaked out right now. Someone’s obviously has her details? Assume they’ve been able to read read all our messages? How can we now secure her phone please?

That is possible, malware on the computer or other device sends spam to the contacts list

If it is an individual there could be any number of reasons. Password was shared and that trust has been betrayed or this is their idea of a joke. Password was written down or stayed logged in on a device for the next person to access

Changing passwords would be recommended

Also double check it really is the same email address

Anyone can label themselves Barclays Bank but the actual email address is scammer123 @ disposable-email.com

Also double check it really is the same email address

Anyone can label themselves Barclays Bank but the actual email address is scammer123 @ disposable-email.com
Ok thanks Steven. I will keep an eye on the situation.

First point of call should definitely be to change the password on the email account.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom