1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making VGA to BNC to RCA Lead

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Goof, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Though I was delighted with my first Pj that I bought recently (Epson EMP 700), when I decided to upgrade for a bit of progressive scan action recently I discovered my Pj doesn't have component connections...however, there was still a chance to get PS by using the VGA input.

I've had a look on the net and a $150 VGA-RCA lead is way out of my price range but I saw another thread here saying I could get a VGA-BNC cable, then use some adapters to change BNC to RCA.

Has anyone else tried this? Good results?

On a side matter, to complicate things, I recently bought a 10m SVGA (15M-15M) cable from Lindy and I was wondering if, instead of buying another 10m VGA-BNC, I could get a 1m VGA-BNC and plug it on the end of my current V+SVGA lead? (also, small issue, I take it I have to get SVGA to BNC and not just VGA-BNC? my Pj is XGA).

TIA :)

2. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, I use a VGA-VGA with a VGA BNC to connect to the projector without problem. The extra connection will deteriorate the signal slightly but whether that's noticeable is another matter without a similar BNC-BNC to evaluate against.

3. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the reply Gary...I may just get a longer VGA-BNC as the cost isn't that much more.

Were you happy with the quality of the connection? Do you use Progressive Scan with this type of connection?

4. GaryG

GaryG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes, and Yes. I used the lead to connect my HTPC to my projector the quality is outstanding, not aware of any signal loss.

5. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That's great Gary, thanks for the info :)