Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

making tosh 9500 multi-region

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasper_mccrea, Dec 7, 2004.

1. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    What's the best way of making a 9500 multi-region? multiregionmagic say any tosh DVD player will cost £29 to mod, but I doubt that includes this beast. Tosh customer support says it involves a bit of soldering.

techtronics.com? Their website doesn't seem to be working for me..

With this and the need for BNC component cables, maybe this isn't such a good deal after all...

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,663
    Our very own Mark Grant will do a BNC-RCA Component cable for no extra charge on his power buy component lead which I understand is pretty impressive as well.

No idea about the mod however.

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Getting the "best DVD player ever built" is turning out to be an expensive business :(

LEConcepts were no help about modding a player not bought through them (they're charging 699 for one MR), and with techtronics down, I seem to be slightly stuck.

Thanks for the info on the cables, though, TOF. Should have remembered that.