1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making The Plunge-Themescene H30A

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dirk_Diggler, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just purchased it on friday and must say i am amazed by the quality. I see rainbows but don't really care too much about it. I notice it more when i'm tired or i've had a few beers but don't let it bother me too much. What is the best way to connect my basic sky box to it? I've got a component cable going to it but surely i can get a better signal to it than one single cable to the yellow input on the back of the projector. :rolleyes:

2. n0s

n0s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that single yellow cable (composite) is the worst possible way to wire it, definatley try and use a component wire from sky to it. If the box doesnt have a component output then buy a scart to component adapter, youll notice a diff in quality for sure...

3. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where is the cheapest place to get one of these? I need one at 10m long. :confused:

4. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Out of interest, will you be connecting any other equipment up (PC, consoles, DVD etc.) as that may influence what cable(s) you need to invest in.

5. Dirk_Diggler

Dirk_Diggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought a gold plated SVGA cable (10m) which i switch between my DVD Player and PS2 to my projector. My Sky unit won't output to the SVGA.