1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making provision for CRT ceiling mount in new house build?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ziglar, Jan 11, 2004.

1. ziglar

ziglar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I am currently involved in a self-build project nr Reading.

Both the ground and first floor are block and beam construction and I'm not too sure how I make provision for the future purchase and ceiling mounting of a (100kg+) CRT projector. (I currently have the trusty old HS10).

I am assuming that I cannot just screw the projector mount into the blocks in the ceiling above as they will probably fail!!

Do I need to put some steels above the mount point?

Since I do not even know the projector type and throw distances this is even more problematic.

Thanks for your help/advise

Stuart

2. applevenus

applevenus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When getting our home built I explained to the builder what I was going to do and he put extra "nobbins" in. This gave me somewhere to fix the mounting.
    Any builder worth his salt will know how to put something appropriate in place if you give him approximate weights and fixing mechanism.

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Stuart
    position of projector will be pretty much the same + / - 300mm for all CRT PJs. It will depend on your screen size.

Expanding bolts into your blocks will be ok but even better would be to run some uni stutt bolted right the way through before the floor above is dressed and the ceiling under is plastered (get your cables or at lease draw wire in thern too.