Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Making Pioneer 220/320 region free

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DeadMan3000, Dec 18, 2004.

1. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I posted about this a few days back and it looks like the post got deleted. Against the terms and conditions of the site? Anyhow I now have the multi-region firmware upgrade disc for this player and it works a treat.

Thanks to the person who supplied me with a copy of it. I still believe this disc should be made freely available to all.

2. uppal

uppal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

can this disc also make the pioneer 720 region free? I am about to purchase it and would like to make it region free

many thanks

3. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt it.

4. srobbo999

srobbo999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No, the firmware upgrade is only for the 220/320

5. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would rather the moderator provide clear guidelines before deleting this thread.

Kind regards.

6. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Can't see why it would be against the T & Cs seeing as there is a Forum specifically about DVD Hacks!

Your welcome Deadman3000, anyone else fancy a piece of this pie just PM me or Deadman.

And thanks again to my source.

7. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A cd upgrade will alter the firmware.One wonders what would happen should the machine be returned to Pioneer for repair

8. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends if they check ;)

You take a chance. Want region free but wish to keep your warranty? Buy for a bit more from a multiregion seller. Want it cheaper? Buy from someplace like Richer Sounds and upgrade the firmware yourself.

I'm peronally not too fussed. I'd return it to Richer Sounds if there was a problem later on. I doubt there would be a problem. Probably just swap it for another machine (Or upgrade you like someone else told me they did since they did not have stock of the previous machine anymore).

Phelings I saw you post an obscure message on DigitalSpy forum too. You really do appear to be worry warting my threads. Now you have the facts you and others should be able to decide for yourself if you would be prepared to take the risk. It's free for anyone willing to try it. ;)