Making New ISP Router work with existing system

antellis81

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I've just had FTTP installed at home and was wondering if I could still use my Q hub

instead of the Linksys Velop unit they have supplied?

I've been quite lucky with the fact that my Q hub and 4 mini boxes all work ok (didn't to start with)
so would really like to keep the current setup if possible as I'm a strong believer in the saying "if it's not broken don't try and fix it"

I tried to follow the online instruction on Sky to plug in from the ONT to port 4 (wan port) but it didn't connect to the internet. is there a setting within the router to change??

Can i stick the Velop Router in Bridge mode and then join the 2 routers via an Ethernet cable??

I have tried to just use the Velop router for all things but i ended up with an angry Wife and Children as the connection kept dropping out,

Thanks in Advance for any help offered

Imagine a world where there are many different isp’s, now imagine how difficult it would be to guess which one your signed up to. :smashin:

Make & model of the various routing devices is also helpful.

Imagine a world where there are many different isp’s, now imagine how difficult it would be to guess which one your signed up to. :smashin:

Make & model of the various routing devices is also helpful.
Very sorry, just signed up to GigaClear as it's the only provider of FTTP in my area.

The router's are the Linksys Velop supplied by Gigaclear and the Sky Q hub

Not a gigaclear user, however my understanding is that you can use you own routing device.

Gigaclear shoul have provided two devices the velop & a ont/modem device that ‘converts’ the optical fibre to an Ethernet connection.

Power up & connect to the sky box, change its wan settings to dhcp, disconnect the velop from the ont/modem, connect sky box wan port to the ont/modem.

This might take 10-20 mins to establish a connection.

Some more info here (not sky router specific):

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom