1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Invitations

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by shoehorn, Feb 2, 2005.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi,
    It's our little boy's 5th birthday soon and he's really into Thunderbirds (the TV ones - NOT the Movie).
    Anyway we've looked all over the country and the web for invitations, but haven't found any... so... we're going to try to make our own....
    Does anyone know where we can get templates (free?) - maybe a space scene so we can put a picture of him and a Thunderbird and the details of the party on...??
    We have MGI Photowave 4 and Photoshop Elements at home....

Thanks for any thought / advice!

2. RobertP

RobertP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I was doing something like that I'd just use MS publisher from the office suite. It has templates for all sorts of things. A bit of editing...some pictures from the web... job done. You need a program that is good with text, text effects and clip art more than a photo editor.
    I'd also suggest you buy some coloured or whatever card to print on - paper always looks naff for that sort of thing.
    Long time ago before I had office I used a program called "print shop deluxe" - I just checked and its still produced but the latest version is £30. You might get an older version off ebay if you don't have publisher.