1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making HCPC Anonymous (Invisible)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by helipilot, Mar 1, 2002.

1. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Does anyone know if it is possible to modify an AMIBIOS so that no messages are displayed on startup?

I do not want to see text on screen as the PC starts up.

I have managed to hide anything that is generated by config.sys and autoexec.bat and I can customise the windows startup screens.

So far I have not been able to hide the BIOS as it goes about its work.

The best solution I can think of at the moment is to find a way of starting the pc via my Pronto and have a 10 second delay before waking up the projector. Then you would only see my custom startup splash screen.

Any ideas?

Jenz, I know you were doing some development work on HCPC did you have a custom bootup routine?

2. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just a note of encouragement. My Sony laptop only shows a sony logo at startup and uit stays there (I see no BIOS details) until the Win2000 startup logo appears. I think some large PC manufacturers do this, like HP and Dell.

I don't know how it's done though, probably through a custom BIOS version.

regards,
    Rob.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible... OEMs use it to display their logo on, BEFORE displaying the BIOS text.

So your best bet, I would say, is to do your thing with the pronto.

I would not even try to hack the BIOS.

-TF

4. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It is possible to do yourself what the OEMs do All depneds on the type of bios you have :D

There is loads of stuff on the net telling you how to change the Energy Star logo that come up in the top right. Here

If you have an Intel MOBO then changing the bios to a full screen logo seems fairly easy. Take a look Here

As for full screen Logos for Ami/Award BIOSs, like the big OEMs use. I couldn't anything of use. Only this

Hope this is of some help

Paul

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I stand corrected.

But I still think OEMs have slightly more power to choose what to display because they pay money to display their stuff instead of the mobo maker's

-TF

6. helipilot

helipilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Thanks for the info guys.

I knew it was a fairly straight forward task if you had an Award BIOS or intel chipset. Info on AMI BIOS with AMD Athlon is thin on the ground.

I have a twin BIOS Gigabyte motherboard which should allow me to experiment without losing the motherboard!