Making gates automatic

stevedster

Novice Member
Anyone ever done this? Got some big double gates on a new property and they need to be made automatic. I have heard of a piece of kit called 'gate keeper'. anyone know or help here of places to buy and installation etc?

tonyoevans

Novice Member
Have a look on eBay. Do a search for "electric gate kit" there are quite a few out there and most descriptions of the product have a link to other sites for more info.

cj

We installed large double gates + electric kit last year - has to be one of the most useful gadgets I've bought. Pretty simple to install compared to my AV rack ;) I'll try and dig out a link for you.

vex

Novice Member
One of the biggest manufacturers supplying the UK is a company called Faac, but there are a good range of others.

Ideally you want one that sits on the gate post and pull the gate open, rather than the cost of burying one in the ground.

Most are also controlled be a simple RF remote and basic contract closure from a door entry or personal PBX telephone system.

HTH - Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom