1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Game for pc widescreen!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Sir_Baron, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Sir_Baron

Sir_Baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well though the game is in super early alpha form atm i have already started it and still working on it as i post this.

Its a story Driven 2d Space shooter not just a mindless one, and there are different ideas which i will not reveal yet which are going to be added. However a demo will be made to allow people to test which i should have out within a month if all goes well.

Most of the graphics will be made by me, for now music is from other old games but will eventually be made by me and some of the ideas which i have very basic forms of using crapo graphics to test atm are working well.

Game will require a widescreen moniter/tv which supports 1280x720 and a direct x 8 card and higher.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask i always need to know people are interested for me to get in a bigger mood to work on it all the time

:laugh:

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Can't you make it for a wider variety of resolutions?
    856x480 , 852x480 ( both quite common these days and the standard res for most 16x9 SD displays)

1368x768 is another one.
    1920x1080
    960x540

etc??

3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Some games will let you change the renders in the options or an ini file, in which case just select one of the suggested res ^^.

4. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about 1920 x 1200 for us 16:10ers?