Question Making Figures Stand

geebs2006

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey there, long time lurker, first time poster (I think)!

Hoping someone out there can provide ideas on this as I have thought up a few but wondering if there is a better way.

I have the 10 inch Daryl Dixon figure by MacFarlane Toys and the bugger just will not stand on his own. Tried moving his feet although there is not much movement there and still no success.

I have him in a Detolf case and propped up against the side for now so not exactly looking great.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make him stand?

I received Rick Grimes the other day too and although he stands better, he could still do with being a tad more stable.

Missus bought me a play arts kai Batman for Xmas and the stand with that is great, just can't source anything like it that is relatively cheap.

Ideas I had was gluing him down to a small sheet or Perspex but maybe not the best, or doing something with magnets.

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Hi Inked

No checked their feet the other day and no holes unfortunately.

Also tried the blu tac idea before Christmas - feet have a textured sole so blu tac just comes back off on your finger, just won't stick unfortunately :(

What about the small glue dots by Pritt? I think they are supposed to be permanent but they tend to be able to be rubbed off if needed

Hmm good idea, may give them a shot. Even them with a small Perspex sheet just so that they are not stuck down in the cabinet. Like that idea better than glue - less permanent. Thanks!

I've recently got back into my collection and bought a few new ones.
I'm surprised to find that STILL there are problems making them stand.
They put a great deal of effort into the sculpt of the face, details of the clothes etc but not much seems to go into making them stand on their own two feet!

Loose ankles on 12" figures is a recipe for 'figure dive'!

The OP is having trouble with 'cheap' MacFarlane Toys figures, we're not talking about £150+ Hot Toys here.

The only Hot Toys figure I own that has trouble standing unaided is Zod and his feet aren't exactly a normal design

The OP is having trouble with 'cheap' MacFarlane Toys figures, we're not talking about £150+ Hot Toys here.

The only Hot Toys figure I own that has trouble standing unaided is Zod and his feet aren't exactly a normal design

Really? My Zod stands well without the crap base it came with. Never had to pick him up even when I trod around and make the wooden floorboards in my man cave shake the cabinet.

Ah you see I use the base so it's not a completely even surface and to be honest it's more the weak toecap area than the ankles that have caused him to fall forward/backwards

Ah you see I use the base so it's not a completely even surface and to be honest it's more the weak toecap area than the ankles that have caused him to fall forward/backwards

I get ya. The bases for all 3 of that line wouldn't fit in my cabinet with the Superman Returns figures and the Chris Reeve version so I posed all 3 without. Contemplating taking all the bases off my figures to squeeze new additions in.

I've found on the whole that 'cheap' MacFarlane figures stand better than some of the 'floppy' Sideshow figures unaided.

I've found on the whole that 'cheap' MacFarlane figures stand better than some of the 'floppy' Sideshow figures unaided.
Don't take offence Tommy dislikes everything that's not Hottoys when it comes to figures :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom