making Bd iso smaller?

liamthefirst

I have been using my movies and any DVD hd now without problems and have been very happy.

I like that they are identical with all menus and extras, but there are some films that I just want the film without all the extra stuff.

It's this possible???.

Thanks

Liam

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I use Blu-rip to create a MKV, all I have to do with an ISO is mount it with Slysoft's Virtual CloneDrive to mount the ISO.

Indiana Jones

liamthefirst said:
I have been using my movies and any DVD hd now without problems and have been very happy.

I like that they are identical with all menus and extras, but there are some films that I just want the film without all the extra stuff.

It's this possible???.

Thanks

Liam
Why not just copy/paste the film file off the disc? then you can use something like TSmuxer to strip out the unwanted audio and subtitle tracks.

If you want to convert the file to mkv though I personally use a program called Vidcoder.

liamthefirst

Indiana Jones said:
Why not just copy/paste the film file off the disc? then you can use something like TSmuxer to strip out the unwanted audio and subtitle tracks.

If you want to convert the file to mkv though I personally use a program called Vidcoder.
Tsmuxer I found hard to get my head round. I would like a program I can just press and it just works. Much like my movies with any DVD.

liamthefirst

True Romance said:
as above there are a number of programs to rip blu-rays. TSmuxer is free and very good but you need to know which files to rip. DVDfab is more user friendly but the program is not free.
I have no problem paying for a good program if it's easy to use and works well.

Indiana Jones

liamthefirst said:
Tsmuxer I found hard to get my head round. I would like a program I can just press and it just works. Much like my movies with any DVD.
Sorry I thought it was pretty straight forward as you just load the file, untick the tracks you don't want then resave the file.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member

Some films have the opening and closing credits in different files.

Indiana Jones

Trollslayer said:
Some films have the opening and closing credits in different files.
I considered that but its not something I have come across very often.

Could always try MakeMKV, that is very straight forward and will give you untouched picture/audio in an mkv container.