Making A Smart Tv 'SAFE' for Kids

jimmythehoover

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi im considering buying a smart tv for my 11 year old daughter. Is there any ways of contrilling what she can access on the smart tv? I would like to ensure the you tube content is reasonably safe. Restrict how long she can spend on the internet. Stop her using facebook or any other social network site & apps and keeping the internet content kid safe?

Many thanks, if its not possible i might just stick to an non smart tv and shove all her music and movies on a usb storage device. :D

yep...it's easy...don't buy her a smart TV if you can't trust her....If you can trust her...buy it. I would suggest you have a chat with her first and see what her take on it is...but bare in mind....you are the adult...so the reponsibility lies with YOU...not her :smashin:

Good luck buddy :smashin:

Unlike usning a PC/laptop with which your child can shut the door without you knowing what he/she is up to, a TV is in the living room so you or any other adult in the house should be able to keep an eye on what he/she is watching.
Some TVs have some kind of parental control if that is what you are after.

A smart TV is not that smart! Watching is OK, but "doing" anything is often unsatisfactory.
Apart from online TV contents like iplayer, most of the so called "apps" are usually next to unuseable. Typing on TV with a TV remote is very tiring and slow and I do not think you or anyone would like to do that. So that is one area I would not worry.

hmmmmm kinda like i thought, i had hope they were a bit more advance or customisable, i do trust her but i think most kids will do what they are not supposed to do given the freedom of the internet. It has just occurred to me i could use her modded xbox in her room and use it as a media centre, it has parental controls. I just need to buy her a monitor or tv for her room.

Good idea

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom