1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making a DTS DVD compilation...Help please!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mr Merrick, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi there,

I'm looking to create a DVD with short clips ranging from 2-15 minutes recorded in DTS. I have managed to back up the clips using DVDShrink and tried using Nero 6 burning rom to record them in sequence. Unfortunately Nero also requires and ifo. and bup. file structure in order to instruct DVD players with what to do with the files. I decided to use DVDLab to record each clip as a separate title and managed to fit it all (uncompressed) into a 4.3GB volume with ifo. and bup. files.

However, when I recorded this volume I get no audio on the Disc whatsoever although the picture is spot on and the clips run in the correct order. This seems odd since DVDLab is DTS compatible and I have backed up DTS DVD's before using DVDShrink and Nero 6 (Even in ES 6.1 Discrete) with no problems.

Does anybody else have the same problem or know of any other methods I could try to create this disc. It could even be something as silly as a configuration error.

I have a Pioneer DVR-106 Recorder if that helps.

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    How are you playing the DVDs? Is the sound being output to something that can decode DTS?

3. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Silly question, but you did not remove the DTS track by mistake with DVDShrink did you?

4. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The DVD's I'm recording are being played on PowerDVD on the PC and also on my Pioneer 868AVi DVD player. I didn't miss the DTS track on DVDShrink because when I record just one clip onto a disc it seems to play fine, but if I put two or more clips onto the disc, there's no audio whatsoever...

5. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I think you may need create new ifo. and bup. files. As the
    Structure may have changed.Try this site www.dvdrhelp.com

Use IfoEdit to make a new set of ifo. and bup file.A guide is
    on dvdrhelpsite

6. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Although I've used ifoEdit to create the ifo and bup files, the chapter selection seems to be completely random and will often repeat tracks that have already been played...also on the recordings there seem to be about six audio selections, meaning I have to switch the audio settings nearly every time a new chapter opens in order to get any sound at all. :confused: :confused: :confused: