1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makes that can record PAL60

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by johnsteed, Aug 6, 2005.

1. johnsteed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Are there any other makes of DVD recorders that can record the PAL60 signal, the signal my video player gives out when playing back NTSC tapes, other than Pioneer and Philips?

I am looking to transfer my collection of video tapes of which some are NTSC format onto DVD. After some research I was looking at the new Pioneer DVR-433H HD DVD Recorder, or the DVR-530H that several have recommended in another thread on this board.

Has anyone had experience of transfering using PAL60?

Another problem I have is that I want to transfer some of my PAL video tapes to NTSC format DVD. While the Pioneer will record PAL, NTSC and PAL60 it will not convert between the formats.

This means I will need a converter. I have seen one on eBay that I think may do the job. TRUE-DIGITAL-PAL-to-NTSC-CONVERTER-RECORDABLE-TV-DVD

I would connect my video player to the converter which I would then connect to the Pioneer DVD recorder and change the input recording to NTSC and record the signal. Hopefully that would then produce a NTSC format DVD that I can send to my family and friends in the U.S.A. (these are home made recordings and not official copy-protected tapes so macrovision shouldn't be a problem).

I am new to this technology and all it's terms so if anyone has any insight, advice or experience transfering between formats it would be appreciated.