Makes of RGB --> component

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by babyG, Jan 14, 2005.

1. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya

OK I've been sold the component route!!!

I've decided to do but an RGB --> component converter to take my scart gear upto the pj.

1. Will Sky digital be still a crappy blocky picture as with composite or is it a huuuuge improvement -- cos for £140 it neeeeeds to be.

2. What make to go for???? I've seen one at http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/dept.asp?dept_id=103

for £75 which is much more stomachable---- is it any good or would I be better off buying the RGB --> s-video convertor for £75 at the other place (JS converter)

I REALLY NEED ADVICE QUICK ON THIS COS I'M WATCHING SKY THRU COMPOSITE & IT IS KILLING ME:(

Also, I've seen cheap scart adapters that have an s-video socket---would this be any use for £8????????????

Dave:)

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    What PJ do you have?

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    ...probably not, unless the device is capable of outputting s-video to the SCART...PJ

4. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quote:
    "2. What make to go for???? I've seen one at http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/dept.asp?dept_id=103

for £75 which is much more stomachable---- is it any good or would I be better off buying the RGB --> s-video convertor for £75 at the other place (JS converter)"

I got the same unit available from Lektropaks from Maplins for same price. Benifit is (if you have maplins local) is buy it, try it, then if you don't like you can take it back easily. If you are lazy like me this is easier than mail order returns etc.

The unit is more than good enough for me (I use AE700 pj) its light years better than composite and for me was really convienient as I use AV amp to switch all images in component so only have one cable run to the pj.

I would like to hear from anyone who has compared this RGB>component convertor with the pricer JS unit? Not sure if the extra money gets you better quality or not??

Regards

Darran

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Component video and progressive scan will give a better vertical resolution on your projector, but won't really do much for "blocky" Sky pictures.

6. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    I find that putting a ND filter or a HOYA FLD can help with channels that have a low bandwidth, thus causing the block satellite picture we are used to. (thats all of em then)....

Pic will improve from RGB > to comp.

A slight defocus can help.

Cap :)

7. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    toshiba mt200

8. babyG

babyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I missed this--- is it definately the same unit?? I've bought the Lektropaks and also a cable for £35 so I'm too late anyway --- could've called at maplins on my way home:(:(:(

I'll have to be more patient next time