• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MakeMKV very saturated look

william149

Established Member
Hi Guys
Been using MakeMKV to copy my library & have a strange issue with mainly one film.
MI Rogue Nation 4k, it's hugely over saturated with odd skin tones, any ideas?
The disc version looks nothing like the copied version.
I know i'm probably better off heading to the MKV site, just thought i'd see if anyone else had a problem.
I'm using a paid for version.

Attachments

• mi rogue.jpeg
    mi rogue.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 41

shotokan101

Banned
How are you playing it back - makemkv only decrypts?

william149

Established Member
Sorry, i should have expanded a little.
I use Infuse 6 to stream through my ATV to my PJ
Whilst my PJ is a non HDR model, all other films look almost identical to the disc version, it's just this particular one, it's weird.

shotokan101

Banned
Check on a TV?

next010

Distinguished Member
I think there is Dolby Vision on that disc alongside the regular HDR, that might be the cause.

The ATV 4K cannot properly play back dual layer DV (found on BD) only single layer DV works, the DVDFab decrypter tool will do a DL to SL conversion I think - I might be wrong this is all from memory reading about it a while back, there is a talk about in in MrMC forums about Dolby Vision.

InFuse also has to convert HDR to SDR if using SDR display.

Try seeing if only the HDR10 can be ripped in MakeMKV leaving the DV out or use DVDFab on the disc and see what it can do.

william149

Established Member
Hi
I think you may be correct here, i'm not gonna try with another copy as ill leave it as it is, im waiting on the new range of Zappiti streamers to be announced as whilst Infuse 6 is great value for money, it is lacking somewhat.
Thanks for the reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom