1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make RDR-HX710 Region Free?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Parre, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Parre

Parre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone who can tell me how i can make my SONY RDR-HX710 region 2 to into a multi region/region free recorder?

I have searched www.dvdrhelp.com and tried all their hacks, both via my notebook and the IR port (Winsamp from Blank Frank's site) and i tried to program my Sony RM-AV3100 universal remote control with the codes. Unfortuntately i dident know how to program the 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 buttons with the codes;
    1=189, 2=255, 3=095, 4=221 & 5=079
    So i programed the system buttons with these codes instead (like a keymacro), but it dident work :(

Preciate if anyone can help me make this region free. And no i dont have access to the for-in-one remote controls, i thought my Sony Universal would be able to make that :/

PS! This is my first post, thanks for reading and keep up with this great forum.

:lease: H E L P !!!

Thanks for all replys

2. Parre

Parre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

3. psychoxxx

psychoxxx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the shop where you bought your recorder from? They will probably do the modification. I do not live in UK but I agree that the region code issue is still annoying after all these years. One thing I can say is that all (yes all brands all models) sold in Hong Kong since 1997 (I think, that's when I bought my Sony S7000 player) have been all codes (play both PAL and NTSC) with manufacturer's warranty. I just bought my Sony HX710 a month ago. It likes everything flat I feed it except pizza. Take note about whether the Sony warranty will still be valid or not after region code modification. Good luck! :)

4. N19

N19
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Parre

Parre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've made my HX710 region free now thanks to www.dvdrhelp.com with an AllInOne remote muhehehehe. Very easy took only 5 mins and i was able to view all regions :clap: