Make Poverty History

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Puffer, Jul 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Puffer

Puffer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Nice message, but wrong forum no? Do agree though... seems all the more relevant when we're sitting here with our 1000+ pound flat panels.

3. CosmoKramer79

CosmoKramer79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the idea is good, but when som fancy-pants moviestar like Brad Pitt gets on stage and starts preaching about how miserably the western part of the world has treated the underdeveloped countries, that is when I get off the train. I mean, how much credibility has such a millionaire got, considering that he gets into his 100.000 dollar car after the show and drives to one of his gigantuos mansions, why doesnt he himself commit a little more to charities and working to make poverty history. Its kinda cheap just to preach to us commoners, when youre up to your neck in cash...

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Yeah, I don't like how it's become fashionable to wear that white band either. I think people feel they're helping a lot just by wearing it which surely isn't true.

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes, but....... isn't poverty about 1% of the world population owning 95% of the world's resources ? Isn't it a bit ironic that those hammering home this message are some of the richest people ? Madonna's fortune is estimated at about £215M, Paul McCartney £760M, Mick Jagger £180M, Elton John £175M....

Almost as bad as a bunch of fat guys standing in front of a crowd, urging them to wage war on starvation. :thumbsdow

6. CosmoKramer79

CosmoKramer79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only reason why those stars mentioned above contribute to the live8 concerts is so they can justify their own unlimited bankroll by a thought like "I've done my share, so now theres no reason to feel the least bit bad about living the good life to the fullest". Its sickening... :suicide: Anybody who knows if they all got paid for playing?

7. Unrivaled

Unrivaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    c'mon guys, think about it, i understand your opinions on those rich bastards with their SweeeeetSweeetsweet Preciousdrule...Porsche :boring:

:oops: So, loot at it this way, if their are gonna be nobody's on stage or on the news preaching for helping out those country's nobody's gonna listen, but if some interesting people :rolleyes: like famous actors, singers,... are gonna be on stage and the news and so on, more people are gonna listen and so... you see where i'm going

8. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's all to do with numbers, how many people would watch us lot on stage......
    And lets be about right, we are all talking about it. Good job Sir Bob

9. Binternet

Binternet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You cant go anywhere without this being rammed down your throat. This is a forum for LCD Screens not solving world poverty.

10. Puffer

Puffer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.. Lyris..I agree it probably is the wrong forum but I had a couple of wee drams :) while watching live 8

and thought Annie Lennox made a good valid point that politicians had done nothing to stop world poverty .

Also thanks to....... CosmoKramer79 ........ Nick_UK........Unrivalled........clash33........

and anyone else that wants to take the time to respond to the post .

Personally I've got about two bob, (ok am a wrinkly rocker ) compared to the *Stars on... Live8

Regardless of how much money these excellent entertainers have

they can't do what these guys can do at the ........

Gleneagles Hotel

G8 Gleneagles Summit

Tony Blair

Jacques Chirac

Gerhard Schroder

Silvio Berlusconi

Vladimir Putin

Junichiro Koizumi

Paul Martin

George W. Bush

------------------------
    ta ta the noo