1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Make my own slimline wallmount for Viera 37"

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by fredde, Jul 23, 2004.

1. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all !!

Just recieved my new Viera 37" and I am looking to make my own slimline wallmount for it. I know my way around the work shop so what I am looking for is some ideas to how it should look. I also work for a powder coating company so the finish could be excellent :clap:

The reason I want to make it on my own, is because all the wallmounts I have seen on the market today are way to thick. Another issue is the lead time, 5-6 weeks to wait for a original wallmount is just way out of line :-(

I would very much appreciate some input or maybe some pictures of some wallmounts with good functionality. I dont need any tilting possibilities just flat on the wall.

My biggest worry is how to make a good connection between the frame that I put on my wall and the frame that I put on my panny. So I would very much like som input (preferebly with some pictures :)) on some good solutions on that.

Hope somebody has some ideas on this issue.

:lease: HELP :)

2. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go to ebay. there is a guy selling unofficial powdercoated brackets for £65.

I have one holding up my TH42PE30 and its brilliant. Much better that the official one, as it sits the screen flush to the wall. Something very important as the screen is so fat.

Save yourself the bother!

3. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ebay where? In the Uk? I live in Norway so maybe he don't send to Norway...

I will look at Ebay....

Do you have a link for me at Ebay ?

4. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx will atleast try to make him send a picture :)

6. 1_crazy_mofo

1_crazy_mofo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI FREEDE I AM THE GUY ON EBAY WHO SELLS THE MOUNTS BEING DISCUSSED ON THIS THREAD ARE YOU THE GUY THAT ALREADY CONTACTED ME ON EBAY?? IF YOU WISH TO CONTACT ME . bracket_man2004@yahoo.co.uk

7. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, we already have been in contact. I am waiting on a offer for the original Panasonic floorstand. If I can get it a little cheaper than the normal price I will go for that. But if the dealer cant give me a better price I will contact you again, that is if you can send to Norway, I will of course pay for the postage.

Nice to see that you are up and running in this forum, maybe you should do some marketing here :smashin: you bracket is just what I was looking for and to that price I wouldnt bother making my own :clap:

Brgds
    Fredde

8. YahooSerious

YahooSerious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my original wallmount within two days in Norway. Are you sure there is a waiting period?

I agree the screen is a bit fat, but seeing as it could only improve by 2-3 cm, I dont think its worth the hassle myself. I also love the latching mechanism for attaching wires, feels very secure.

-Yahoo

edit:I have the 42" so I guess they use different wallmounts, sorry :p

9. fredde

fredde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get the new 42" Viera in Norway? Have been looking everywhere but cant find the new model. The only 42" i can find from Panasonic is the older PA20 version.

Please advice...

Brgds
    Fredde

10. YahooSerious

YahooSerious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it direct from Panasonic(I work at a retailer).

I ordered the wallmount in the normal fashion though, and it arrived within 2 days to the shop.

It might be that Panasonic wants to clear off PA20 stock before it starts selling the PA30.

-Yahoo

11. Si133

Si133

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have the official 42" bracket? and can it be adjusted so you can remove the wires without taking the screen off the wall?

12. YahooSerious

YahooSerious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, you can til the screen outwards, about 30 degrees, and lock it in place, and then you can get behind it and change the wires, its quite nice.

-Yahoo