1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major stuck on HL2!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by zAndy1, Dec 19, 2004.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,287
    Hi all,
    Ok, I'm on the 'My Benefactors' level, nearly at the end I think! I've just lost all my weapons and have just the grav gun. I've killed all the enemy in the area and now I'm just walking round with seemingly nowhere to go and have been for the last couple of hours and it's driving me nuts! The only potential way forward seems to be down an alley near where the 2nd set of screens was and there's an energy field down there but I can't get anywhere near it as there's some metal railings in front of me. I don't seem to be able to jump on this level which seems odd, should it be like that? If anyone can give me a hint I'd appreciate it as it's driving me mad at the moment

Cheers
    Andy

2. redaction

redaction
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You can destroy some of those energy fields which unlock those blue force field barrier things.

3. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,106
    Check out www.gamefaqs.com

Lots of walkthroughs available which should give you some pointers.

4. The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My m8 got stuck on this bit cos he didn't realise you have to catch one of the people transporter pod things where they stop and open up, could be this?

Nick

5. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    i got stuck here,there is a bug in the game where you cant jump on this level!reload a savegame and make sure you can jump you need to do this to jump over the railings in front of you,i got this info off the hl2 forum,lots of people were stuck here. :mad:

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,287
    Thanks for the replies folks, yeah turned out to be the bug that prevented me jumping! Wasted quite a bit of time there but all came good in the end, finished the game now, what an awesome last few levels, really enjoyed it!

Cheers
    Andy

7. NeoAnnihilator

NeoAnnihilator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah...Halo 2. I beat that game about, oh say, 9 hours ago. It is definitely one of the best. I'm almost all set up to play online. I don't have a wireless game adapter but I just got my subscription code, the headset, and I have to wait a while to go online. My parents has the hub in their room and I can only play Live via that ethernet hub since I don't have the wireless game adapter yet. So I'm waiting for them to wake up and be up and about for me to move my portible tv and xbox in there to play Live!!