Major Sonicstage Issue! Help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bek, May 9, 2005.

1. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I wasn't sure whether to upgrade from 2.3 to 3.1, but finally decided to go for it. Everything installed as it should, but... when i restarted, it said something along the lines of 'converting sonicstage database' and by boyfriend didn't think it was doing anything, so he closed the window with the progress bar in it. Then when I tried to start sonicstage later, it said 'please restart sonicstage when it has finished converting the database' so i clicked ok, then nothing happens. I uninstalled sonicstage completely, then re-installed 2.3 and the same thing happens. I am now totally stuck, and have no idea how i am going to be able to transfer to my HD3. :lease: help me

2. David M

David M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem a while back and after uninstalling and re-installing without success I scoured the internet and found the resolution to the problem. The problem wan't with Sonicstage but with Microsoft office, apparently Sonicstage uses Access to store the database and if MS Access is not up-to-date with the latest software it won't work.

So I ran MS system update and it said I need to download some updates for office, after doing this I then re-installed Sonicstage and it worked.

This may or may not work for you - good luck.

3. Phil K

Phil K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah - we boyfriends are an impatient bunch of prats, thats for sure ! :D

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,446
    not everyone has office. SS uses access?