1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major Sky +160 Problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by DarkAngel, Jul 13, 2005.

1. DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

This as you can tell is my first post on this forum. I must say it's a very good!

Anyway let's get down to business. Last night my Sky +160 cut off and went into standby mode. I though this was very strange so i wiated a few seconds and turned it back on. Everything seemned normal while I was watching the cricket and i noticed that I did set a recording for 4.00pm and it didnt start. So I went to my planner and all programs that I have recorded are gone :S, message comes up syaing there are no programs in your planner. Then I tried to recoed something and a message came up saying "system fault sky + recording and playback is unavaliable".

Phoned up sky and the bloke said turn it off for 30 seconds then turn it back on, which didnt solve the problem. Since the box is still under warrenty they are sending out an sky egineer.

More than likley they will replace the box i hope. I just wanted to know if there is anyway I can get my recordings back?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You could try a forced software upgrade - remove the power from the box, press and hold the backup button, re-apply the power, and keep holding the button until you see the on-screen display. The software download will take approx 10 mins after which the box will re-boot by itself.

This problem could also be caused by a faulty box or a faulty Sky card. Try removing and replacing the card. I think your recordings are gone forever.

3. DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^Thanks

I tried forced software upgarde but it's still the same. Guess i'll just have to wait for the sky fella to come today. Hopefully they can sort the problem out or give me another box which im hoping for :>.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    He'll almost certainly swap it out. Very few repairs are done on-site.

5. 3hilton

3hilton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dark Angel sounds like you have the same problem as me....could you let me know the outcome/fault once the Sky chap has been out? Cheers

6. DarkAngel

DarkAngel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^

Well they just installed a new box today so i persume when you get that fault the box is dead really, unless they can do something which i doubt :S. Give them a bell if u r stull under warrenty they should replace it for you.