Major problems with my ps4 pro

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by Fat_Tony, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Fat_Tony

Fat_Tony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,070
    I posted this elsewhere but it might well get lost so hope the duplicate post is ok

Hi folks, after a bit of help fairly desperately. My pro has been playing up the last few days, I can't get online for star wars battlefront, it keeps saying I'm not signed in.

My network tests are all fine and it sometimes says I'm connected to psn but then the store and various options take forever to load.

I've tried the rebuilding database thing with no success. It's not specific to star wars, I'm being prevented from fully accessing the network. Could I have somehow been banned? I've certainly not done anything dodgy, perhaps they saw my horrendous kill death ratio...

I'm guessing they would have to let me know if I was blocked?

What's the best way of contacting them to hopefully get the quickest response. I'm gutted, first night free in ages and I can't get online.

Everything else connected to the same WiFi network is fine. The playstation worked fine until a few days ago, I suspect a recent update could be responsible?

Any tips or advice really appreciated

2. Stinja

Stinja
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,197
    To test your account you could get the free PSN trial, make a new account, and see if that works.
    If it does, and old one doesn't = account issue.
    If neither works = account probably ok, PS4 has issues.

3. Fat_Tony

Fat_Tony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,070
    Thanks ill try that

4. Fat_Tony

Fat_Tony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,070
    Sorry for the delay replying

I didn't get as far as the new account as it eventually started working. Not sure if any of the numerous things I tried took a while to work, or it was entirely sonys end.

Big relief but frustrating to not understand why. It seems others have had the exact same problem but generally at times when the masses are unaffected.