MAJOR Problem!!

a l e x

Distinguished Member
I've only just realised the first major problem for me and the iPhone 4...

Angry Birds - all levels 3 star - Gone!
DoodleJump - 140,000 top score - Gone!

Better get playing again...!

:(

fat jez

Distinguished Member
They do if restored from a backup, but not as a new phone.

kevlar

As previous posters have pointed out the saves are in the backup, this is a major flaw in my opinion though because sometimes if your iphone is screwed up the only recovery is a fresh installation, not from backup. This is even recommended by apple at times when restoring from backup doesn't make the fault go away.

kevlar

What if one of your saved games was causing the issue that led to having to restore in the first place?
Exactly, so you have to lose ALL your save games just because one of them was causing you problems. Not a good save system at all.

bransoj

Exactly, so you have to lose ALL your save games just because one of them was causing you problems. Not a good save system at all.
Its not perfect but its a decent compromise......in an ideal world when restoring it would be nice to get a screen where you tick what you want to restore when you do it but i'm not entirely sure this would work.

kevlar

Last year just before going on holiday I wanted to make some room on my iphone for extra albums so removed a few games thinking I could just put them back on when I got home, how wrong I was. Obviously I lost all progress in those games. I wrongly assumed that the game save file was filed away with the app itself in itunes during syncing. Another limitation of the current system that will show its head as time goes on is universal apps, in some cases you can play the very same game on your ipad and your iphone but there is no way to sync the save files.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom