1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major problem with Red Dragon menus on JVC - help please!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Padge, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Padge

Padge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Hannibal Lecter Trilogy Box Set arrived this morning and this afternoon and I decided to watch all three films straight through. I put Red Dragon in the player (JVC - THA5R) and it loaded up to the main menu.
    Knowing the disc had a DTS track I selected "Languages" from the menu, at which point the languages menu loaded, then, for some strange reason skipped back to the main menu straihgt away. I tried again and it happened again. So I decided to select DTS from in movie, so hit play. When the feature started I hit "Audio" but this was a disc that you couldn't change audio mid film in.

Ejected the disc, turned off player, tried again, same problem.

Dug the Samsung out of the loft, tried it in that - worked fine.

So I decided to watch the feature anyway just in DD. Watched it through to the credits, good film. Hit Menu. Went back and I tried again, it worked! So I selected DTS and the film loaded after the piano DTS thing. After a few seconds chekcing it worked, hit Menu. Now it wouldn't work!

All of the other options do the same, like Scenes Subtitles etc, just skip straihgt back to main menu.

I put the special features disc in and this has the same problem, however the way the menus have been designed it poses the problem that I cannot gain access to any special features!

Lambs and Hannibal work fine, and I really can't understand it, as it works fine in the Samung!

Any thoughts much appreciated!

2. Padge

Padge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorted it now!

3. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    How?:smashin:

4. Padge

Padge
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you clcik on a menu link you'll notice a short clip is played before the next menu loads. Once you hit enter and this clip begins to play hit "Skip forward", that's chapter skip forward, not search forward. It should then jump straight to the menu.

Hit me back if you sort it out!