1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major probelm with Pio 435XDE - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Buck37, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Buck37

Buck37
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yestreday (Friday 14th Jan) had my new Pio 435XDE delivered and installed.

Unfortunately Freeview reception poor in my area therefore have to rely on Sky and was fearing the worst, however considering its just out of the box and not bedded in I am delighted with the PQ on some (not all) of the channels.

DVD through my Samsung 945 (HDMI) is phenominal, especially consdiering the machines price.

Now, everything was going sweet until I noticed a blue line that created a shadow flickering in the bottom left of the screen, its appearence was intemittent and appeared on all inputs, however was always there when I connected my laptop.

The band about and 1 inch wide by 4 inches tall creates a duplicate shadow and flickers on and off but not all the time........very annoying and worrying.

I would be interetsed to know if anybody else has had this problem.

I will contact the retailer Monday and insist on a screen replacement as this cannot be right, however if the solution is simple then I would rather not have to do this.

Such a same to dampen the day..............but boy what a looker!!!!! when everything is ok that is!!

Feedback appreciated.

Mike

2. jwramsay

jwramsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Does sound faulty, never seen such behaviour on my 434.

Glad to hear that the Sammy 945 is a good un.

3. rdt123

rdt123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have seen a band of blue on the bottom left which appears fora second when i switch hdmi from 720p to 1080i. It vanshies instantly when the dvd begins to play again. I thought it was the player but i'm not sure. I've never seen it veiwing any sources

Rob

4. VIK AD

VIK AD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVB channels don't work anymore.
    They used to when I intially set up the 435XDE. No idea what went wrong. I have not made any changes - you know the saying, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

All other features work 100%
    Any ideas please?

Thanks,
    Vik