• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Major issue with Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver

JonnyTester

Prominent Member
I was watching a movie from my HTPC through my 626 until about an hour ago, when suddenly the picture and sound went off. Thinking maybe the pc had shut down or rebooted, I tried the Tivo input - nothing. PS3 - nothing. I tried the setup menus on the 626 and they were ok so I knew there was a picture coming from the amp to the tv. So I did a reset on the 626 to see if that would clear the problem, but it didn't. I turned everything off at the mains, left it a few minutes and powered up again. No picture or sound from any source on the 626, including the tuner.

So I tried all my components one by one directly to the tv. Absolutely nothing works. No sound or picture from my HTPC, Tivo or PS3. They all turn on ok, just no picture or sound. I tried my WD TV Live box from another room and it works fine with the tv, as does the bluray player from the other room, so its not the cables which are to blame. So not only has the receiver popped its clogs, but anything that was attached by HDMI has had its HDMI stage fried as well.

This is the second 626 I've had, the first was returned as the sound would go off when changing sources. So it looks like this range has major issues. But the main thing is, how do I get them to accept that their product has been responsible for frying my home cinema?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom