Major hifi update help ?

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Do you really need usb, the only reason for this is to digitise you albums to flac files which you can stream, the digitising process is not straight forward and quite time consuming.

The MCR612 has a single analogue in connection which the turntable will connect to. However this is a line level input and so any turntable either needs a built in phono preamp/stage or you need a separate box.

The usual recommendation is the Rega planar 1 but you will need the plus version which is over budget (unless you contact can get a good discount to bring it in on budget).

The Project T1 phono would also be useful and comes with a half decent Ortofon OM5e cartridge which can be upgraded with different stylus in the future ( OM10, 20, 40).

Shuffler1234

Novice Member
Many thanks, I like the look/specs of the Rega planar 1 and Project T1 phono, and colours !
Any advance on these - seems I may be able to bag up to 30% off through my contact so my budget of 250 going on 500, could be inflate a bit by that margin, if that makes sense !

moujik

Many thanks, I like the look/specs of the Rega planar 1 and Project T1 phono, and colours !
Any advance on these - seems I may be able to bag up to 30% off through my contact so my budget of 250 going on 500, could be inflate a bit by that margin, if that makes sense !
Rega Planar 2 in red looks stylish and is in fact better than P1. When I auditioned them it was the most fair comparison, them having the same cartridge. Much more open and lively sound!

And hopefully you can get it together with Rega Fono MM MK3 for within your budget

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom